Services


About me


I am a DONA trained doula living in the Ottawa area. I have been working and volunteering as a doula for the past few years. My love of helping birthing mothers came from my own personal experiences with birth. My own doula showed me the importance of women helpers (doulas) during the transformative journey that is birth. I am calm and present during births and I can help you with breathing exercises, counter pressure techniques as well as offer comforting touch. I am a Christian, so I am happy to pray with couples and mothers who want it. I have experience in the birthing centre, home and hospital and I am comfortable in all facilities.


Alexis was an amazing doula. I wasn't sure if I wanted to have a doula or if it would be helpful. It was a wonderful experience. I felt more relaxed and less pain during labour. Alexis was very calm, reassuring and knew what to say and do. Comparing my first birth (no doula) and second (with Alexis the doula), I definitely felt a big difference. She provided an invaluable service and I would definitely recommend her to anyone.

- M. Mercier Doula Client.



"She helped me have my ideal birth and I felt safe and supported with her. "

-G. Byun Doula Client




Services 
Birth Doula: 
Prenatal meeting to discuss birth plans and preferences. Birth support; emotional and physical comfort measures during labour and one or two hours after labour. One postnatal visit within one week of babies birth, more if requested.
$850

Postpartum Doula: 

Daytime postpartum support for families. Light housekeeping, cooking, childcare, breastfeeding support, emotional support for the whole family.



Doulas do not perform any medical procedures on you or the baby.

Doulas do not replace the role of the father or other supporters.


Contact: lex_preece@yahoo.ca








Comments

  1. I am so thankful for all the support and love you have given me and my kids, Lex. Exodus 1:20-21

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts